sweetness and delight.
feel free to browse or reblog all of the recipes.
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa (spooned and leveled)
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped, plus shavings
- Place a fine-mesh sieve over a medium bowl; set aside. In a medium saucepan, whisk together sugar, cocoa, cornstarch, and salt. Gradually whisk in milk, taking care to dissolve cornstarch. Whisk in egg yolks.
- Whisking constantly, heat over medium until the first large bubble sputters, about 8 minutes. Reduce heat to low; cook, whisking, 1 minute. Remove from heat; immediately pour through sieve into bowl. Add butter, vanilla, and chocolate; stir until smooth.
- Place plastic wrap on surface of pudding (to prevent a skin from forming); chill at least 3 hours (or up to 3 days). To serve, whisk until smooth; divide among serving cups, and garnish with shavings.